Sunday, May 15, 2011

I know a murderer.

I know, I know.  I can't believe it either.  I had no idea he was capable of such violence. I have been totally ignorant of his tendencies.  How could I not know?  His behavior until today has been nothing short of exemplary.  I am devestated and I am afraid he might do it again.

I think it’s beyond the imagination of most people to think that someone they’ve lived with for years is killing, and more than once.  To know that it is not being done spontaneously but planned out. It’s too extraordinary to be real for most people. It’s fiction and it might as well be in a novel.

Take the following examples of other women who have known killers, but not "known" that they know killers:

John Wayne Gacy’s wife would take weekend trips to visit family and return home to a terrible stench emanating from the basement. Gacy, who invited young men and boys to the suburban Chicago house, then killed and buried them in the basement, would say the sewer had backed up again and then go down to spread more lime on the bodies.

Judith Mawson was married to Gary Ridgway, a truck painter also known as the Green River Killer. Ridgway killed at least 48 women in Washington state, four of them while he was married to Mawson.  His wife had no idea.  “He made me feel like a newlywed every day,” Mawson said in an interview with ABC News in April 2007. “He’d come home from work with a big smile.” Of her husband’s two lives, she said: “I loved the man I knew, and I hate the man that took him away.”

Until today, we never had a reason to be afraid.  Now I don't know if I can sleep in this house.  The murder occurred so close to home.  Eugene actually found the body.  I didn't know what to do so I tried to cover the body...act like it never happened. I just can't live with the shame of this secret.







RIP little chipmunk.  I promise I had no idea.  Hide your kids.  Hide your wife.  Hide your husband too.
My cat, my Zero the "Cat Hero", is a killer and he knows how to open the door.

<sigh>.

No comments:

Post a Comment