Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A little background.

Lush and rolling hills, grasses swaying in the blowing northeastern winds.
See, I started with a joke.

After enough people told me to, I decided to write a blog.  I usually don't do what other people tell me to, but this time I decided to try.  I usually have something to say so now I will say it on the internet.  For people.

I will tell you a little background about myself and then as I post in the future, I will explain what I am about to include here. 

First and most importantly, I am a mother.  I have an eight month old daughter Elise.  She will be mentioned many times, of this I have no doubt.

Next, I am a wife.  I have been married to my husband Eugene since March 2007 and we are happy as squids.

I am a lawyer.  I work for a small law firm as the only associate.  I do domestic work, probate work and small business litigation.  My boss told me he planned on writing a sitcom about me.  I intend to get royalties.

Now, after learning the above about moi, the next little bit may suprise some.  Once you get to know me, though, I don't think it is suprising.  It is just me.

I am raising chickens in my backyard.  I clean poop.  I clip wings.  I collect brightly colored eggs.  I do these things and live in the city. 

I have a cat named Zero.  He is a therapy cat.  Certified, even.  He has an email address.

I have a dog named Lydia.  She is smart.  She is not a therapy dog.  She does not have an email address.

I have a lot of good friends. Some are here in Georgia, some are in Pennsylvania and some are in Germany.

I speak ein bischen Deutsch und freue mich auf Elise Deutsch lernen.

I like going to yard sales, antique shops and thrift stores.  The blog title is a word I made up but it sort of means antiques and oddities.  I am the oddity. I just like antiques. One day I will have a bed and breakfast.

I hope you like me/like getting to know me.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for blogs! Now you have to follow me too.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I added your blog to my blogroll so anyone who checks out my blog can click on over to yours too!

    ReplyDelete